Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Snazzy

 

I took the kids to see the Nutcracker ballet put on at Bass Hall by the Fort Worth Ballet. They were tickled to get dressed up "fancy," as they put it, after being dressed up just two days ago for their school winter program. (Ooops, did I get photos of the kids together that night!?) Anyway, we got in the doors late and were seated at the back of the floor. Those were good seats -- and since they were in the center, the kids enjoyed the view there. But during intermission we went to find the seats to match our tickets and the kids were at first annoyed that they were stage-level the first box to the right of the stage. They complained that they wouldn't be able to see anything from that angle. *giggle* I assured them to TRUST ME... and when the curtain rose again and the Sugar Plum fairy, et. al. came twirling on stage they were transfixed. I wish I had pictures of their expressions and their cute excited child-applause. It was PRICELESS! So, when we came home, I made them stand in front of a backdrop for a quick portrait to commemorate the evening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: